Dear British Columbian,
As 2018 draws to a close, I would like to wish you an early happy New Year on behalf of the BC Libertarian Party. I would also like to take a moment to update you on the year that was and what we have planned for 2019.
In the last year, we have made many great strides towards building the BC Libertarian Party as a viable governing alternative. We aim to bring change to the endless encroachments on freedom and the fiscal irresponsibility of the BC NDP and BC Liberals.
Some highlights of our Party’s successes of 2018 are:
- Two successful ICBC protests which were widely attended by many supporters.
- The release of a comprehensive taxation policy which would immediately put into the pocket of every BC family an average of $5000 annually.
- Issuing an official transportation policy that includes the immediate removal of legal barriers to ridesharing services in BC.
- An exciting Member’s Workshop this past spring which was attended by a record number of guests and speakers.
- The largest AGM in the history of the Party was hosted this past autumn. It was a packed and lively meeting. During this event, a new Party Executive Council and constitution was resoundingly approved by the members. This constitution definitively sets the Party on a solid path towards scaling upwards and winning seats in Victoria.
- The founding of two regional constituency associations in the Okanagan and Kamloops-North Interior occurred in October and November.
- The creation of a new website and digital media platform – www.libertarian.bc.ca
- Record-breaking growth in Party membership
Friends, this list of successes is only a sample of the work our Party has accomplished in the past 365 days. However, our job is not done! British Columbia requires a fresh start and a viable alternative more than ever! To put it simply, our beautiful province cannot afford more years of mismanagement and contempt for the taxpayer. We must put the interests of the people back into focus in Victoria!
The present NDP-Green coalition has failed BC:
- Broken promises on ride sharing
- Unaffordability in housing and ever-rising costs of essentials
NDP broken promises on not creating new taxation – Over $6 billion further in tax burden has been placed upon the shoulders of taxpayers – over $600 for every adult and child in BC! That is only the new taxes!
- A failed self-serving and confusing referendum costing taxpayers over an estimated $14.5 million.
- Over ~35% of British Columbians without a family doctorEndless self-serving fiascos over the management of BC’s resources.
- Failed environmental policies that do not protect our beautiful natural bounty but do increase the costs of living and remove you and your family from the equation.
- An average gasoline price that is over 36 cents/L higher than on the east coast and often over 40 cents/L higher than in Alberta.
Let’s make 2019 a year of action!
Let’s lay the groundwork for a fiscally responsible future in BC. In the months ahead we shall be investing further in founding local Party associations to cover every riding in BC. We will be releasing more critical policies. Our team shall focus on recruiting and training candidates that will represent you and the interests of a more free province that embraces greater choice and individual responsibility. We have our sights firmly set on representing you in the legislature.
However, we cannot do this alone! Tomorrow’s fresh start for BC begins with action today! Fighting back against the BC NDP and BC Liberals requires funds and volunteers. In 2019, we must build upon our growing momentum. To create a future which is affordable and includes you and your family requires a renewed and concentrated effort.
Please donate or volunteer today!
HOW YOU CAN HELP BUILD
A NEW ALTERNATIVE FOR BC
HELP BUILD A CONSTITUENCY ASSOCIATION
From my family to your’s, I wish you a very happy and safe New Year!
Dr. Ken Van Dewark
Regional Caucus Chair
BC Libertarian Party